I still remember my dad bringing home his Acura TL in 2004. It was one of his best years as a car salesman. He had just won a fat bonus cheque, and the first thing he did was go out and buy this mid-sized beauty! We spent many a day heading out camping or fishing or just going for a drive in my dad’s car.
Well, it’s been 17years, but the car has always been with us through thick and thin. So when I finally went off to college this year, my dad came up to me and handed me the keys. He asked me to take good care of his old friend.
The old motor was still humming just fine, but I decided to make a few changes to upgrade the car. One of the biggest problems was the old halogen headlights that had almost worn out their utility. I did a bit of research and figured out the best Acura TL HID replacements on the market.
Here’s my list; I hope you guys have as much fun in your Acura TL as I plan to do over the next few years!
Best Acura TL HIDs: Compared
The Philips D2S Standard Xenon HID Headlights are among the most powerful xenon bulbs available in the market. These are especially known for fitting luxury vehicles and delivering a bright yellow light.
- 35 Watts HID Bulbs
- DOT Compliant
- Consumes Less Energy
- Quality Seal For Authenticity
35-Watt HID Bulbs: These headlights come loaded with 35 Watt Xenon HID Bulbs for extreme performance. Philips’ Brilliant technology further renders reliability and brighter light to this headlight.
DOT Compliant: The headlights are compliant with all the guidelines and regulations issued by the US Department of Transportation.
Consumes Less Energy: The headlights feature original Philips Xenon technology, leading to less energy consumption, lower costs and helps save the environment.
Philips Quality Seal: Due to the alarming rise in fake Philips headlights, the D2S Xenon comes with a quality seal from the company. The company also provides a certificate of authentication, which ensures the authenticity of the product.
- Original equipment quality seal for the most reliable performance
- DOT compliant
- Philips is committed to helping protect its customers from poor imitations of inferior quality that may damage a vehicle or result in personal injury
- Every authentic Philips Xenon HID headlight bulb features a Certificate of Authentication (CoA) on its packaging. You can verify the authenticity through the QR code on the CoA or through our website
- Always replace in pairs to ensure a symmetric light beam from both bulbs on the road. Headlights dim over time
- Emits powerful bluish-white light with almost 4200K
- It also fits luxury vehicles like BMW
- It is DOT Compliant which makes it even safer to use
- It is a bit expensive in comparison to other alternatives available in the market.
- Customers have reported dimming of the bulbs over time.
- Not everyone prefers the slightly blue tint of these bulbs.
These bulbs are widely known in the market to deliver great value at a reasonable price point. The Bulbs substantially increase the road visibility by emitting 5000k bright white light.No products found.
- 6000k brilliant white light
- The bundle comes with two bulbs, two ballasts, and accessories.
- Plug and Play installation for most of the models
- Eight color options to pick from
6000K Bright White Light: These bulbs provide powerful 6000K white light, which seriously boosts the visibility on the road and makes driving safer.
Available As A Bundle: These headlights come in a bundle, together with two ballast and accessories. It is a complete kit with which you do not need to buy anything else.
Plug And Play Design: For most models of vehicles, you can put the bulbs in and lock them. A few models might require a pin for installation.
No products found.
- Increased on-road visibility due to bright white light
- The bundle comes with all the required accessories
- Multiple color and size choices available
- Compatible with most of the models
- Some customers have mentioned that these bulbs do not last very long.
No products found.
The Mega Racer D25 Bulb has fostered many positive reviews on Amazon for being an absolute value for money product. It is substantially cheaper than the factory headlights while delivering the same if not better light and durability.
- 300% Brighter Than Halogen Headlights
- Enhanced Durability
- Anti-UV Quartz Glass
- 6000k Diamond White Beam
300% Brighter Than Halogen Lights: With over 8000 lumens, this headlight is extremely bright. The anti-glare design prevents oncoming drivers from being blinded by them.
Enhanced Durability: The Mega Racer headlights offer a longer lifespan and greater working life due to the high-quality materials. The Anti UV Quartz glass further protects the bulbs from damage and wear.
Anti-UV Quartz Glass: The high resistance of quartz glass allows for increased pressure within the lamp, resulting in a more powerful light on the road. For maximum protection against harmful UV rays, Mega Racer has used a special anti-UV coating as well.
6000k Diamond Whitebeam: The headlights deliver a brilliant white beam to ensure a focused and clear view of the road ahead.
- ✔️ 300% BRIGHTER THAN HALOGEN - Mega Racer's Xenon D2S HID contains a Focused Beam Pattern Design that gives Perfect Visual Field and Produces 8000 Lumens Per Pair. Prevents Blinding Oncoming Traffic and Glare Free Driving.
- ✔️ ANTI-UV QUARTZ GLASS - Quartz glass has high resistance which allows for increased pressure inside the lamp thus generating a more powerful light on the road. Special Anti-UV coating integrated for optimal protection against harmful UV rays.
- ✔️ XENON GAS - Regular Incandescent Bulbs have vacuums within the envelopes because air oxidizes the tungsten. Xenon helps slow down this process which prolongs the life of the D2S HID Headlights.
- ✔️ PROLONGED LIFESPAN - IP68 Waterproof, Xenon Gas, and High Quality Quartz Glass for added protection. Please Do NOT touch the Quartz Glass for added Longevity. Use gloves or paper towels upon installation. Service life up to 5000 hours.
- 🛑 PLEASE NOTE - Replacement is for Stock HID Headlights Only. DOES NOT FIT if your car has stock Halogen headlight. This will work perfectly in cars with D2S, D2C and D2R HID Light Bulbs.
- These headlights can replace your factory headlights for much cheaper
- The brilliant white beam delivers the same performance as the OEM lights
- It provides up to 5,000 hours of working life
- It is not compatible with replacement in cars with a stock halogen headlight
You might like to read: What Are the Brightest D2S Bulbs in 2022?
These headlight bulbs by Icebeamer are a direct replacement for OEM bulbs. These are easy to replace and will not create any system issues while working.
- Direct OEM Replacement
- Enhanced Lifespan
- Plug And Play Design
- 300 Percent Brighter
Direct OEM Replacement: These headlights will replace your OEM bulbs directly. The structure, power, and longevity of the bulbs are in line with OEMs.
Enhanced Lifespan: These HID headlights have a consistent light output and service life of up to 3000 hours, five times longer than a halogen bulb. They are also IP67 waterproof to keep out the elements.
Plug And Play Design: The design of the bulbs is 1:1 replacement which means a convenient and quick installation without any unnecessary wiring and equipment.
Three Hundred Percent Brighter: The lights deliver 4000 lumens of light, almost 300 percent brighter than a halogen bulb, giving you excellent visibility and safe driving on the road.
- ⭐3 Times Brighter: A 35W Xenon Headlight Bulb produces 4000 lumens of light, while general 55W Halogen lamps can only produce 1000 lumens. Power usage is reduced by 40 percent, brightness increased by 300 percent, with a long and ultra-wide-angle broad vision, to bring you an unprecedented driving comfort sense. Let the night no longer be dark, and clearer vision can greatly reduce the traffic accident rate.
- ⭐5 Times the Product Lifetime: HID headlights do not use tungsten wire as a medium, resulting in a more stable light output, and service life up to 3000 hours, five times longer than the halogen bulb. IP67 waterproof! Tightly sealed to protect against the elements.
- ⭐Cross Reference: D2S D2C D2R Xenon HID Light Bulbs. DOT compliant and Original equipment quality seal for the most reliable performance. OEM Replacement: This D2S HID headlight bulb is a 1:1 replacement of the original equipment manufacture, can be plug and play, without the need for any tools, wiring or modifications, making it easy to install.
- ⭐Constant Output: When the vehicle power supply system and battery failure, the ballast automatically shuts down to stop working. Excellent Performance: SUHU headlight bulbs have an ultra-long and ultra-wide-angle wide field of view, which can effectively improve recognition at night and make your driving safer.
- ⭐⭐⭐Note: Amazon fitment is only for reference. We strongly recommend checking your user manual or physically checking your existing bulbs before purchase to avoid any mistakes. These bulbs only work for OEM HID D2S Bulb, D2C Bulb, and D2R Headlight Bulbs.
- The energy consumption by the bulb is 40 percent less than the standard bulbs
- 4000 lumens at 8000K color for ultra-bright light
- It lasts much longer than a standard bulb.
- The bulbs are not compatible with every vehicle. The customers should check fitment details before purchasing.
This Xenon headlight has competed with Original Equipment Manufactured headlights in terms of its performance. It has been tested and vouched for by thousands of customers over the year.
- Increase 50m Irradiation Distance
- 35-Watt Original Xenon Bulbs
- Constant Output
- Quartz Anti UV Glass
Increase 50m Irradiation Distance: The bright light provides a greater field of vision on the road. The extra 50-meter irradiation distance gives an additional brake reaction time of 4.5 seconds.
35-Watt Original Xenon Bulbs: The 35 Watt Xenon bulb emits a powerful and focused beam for great brightness.
Constant Output: The ballast automatically shuts down to avoid working when the vehicle’s power supply system and the battery fails. The constant output makes it safer and also conserves energy.
Quartz Anti UV Glass: The sturdy Anti UV Quartz glass protects from heat, rain, and other conditions that might cause damage to the lights.
- General 55W halogen lamps can only produce 1000 lumens of light, and 35W xenon lamp produces 3200 lumens of light, brightness increasing by 300 percent, with long and ultra-wide-angle broad vision, to bring you an unprecedented driving comfort sense, let the night is no longer dark, clearer vision can greatly reduce the traffic accident rate.
- HID xenon lamp use electronic excitation gas emitting, no tungsten exists, therefore longer life expectancy of about 3000 hours, greatly exceed the total number of cars when traveling at night. Halogen only 500 hours.
- Strong power saving: a xenon lamp is only 35W, and 55W halogen lamp issue is 3.5 times more light, greatly reduce the load on the vehicle electrical system, the power loss save 40% corresponding increase in vehicle performance, energy conservation.
- constant output, safe and reliable: When the vehicle power supply system and battery failure, the ballast automatically shut down to stop working.
- 35w 4300k 6000k 8000k high light hid buld.Longer service Life.If you have any questions,please feel free to contact us.
- Increased reaction time
- Wider field of vision
- Over 3,000 hours of working life
- 8000k brilliant light
- The lights might dim with time.
Buyer’s Guide: Acura TL HIDs
Purchasing HIDs for your Acula TL can be frustrating. Things to keep in mind while buying the bulb are:
Is The Product Genuine?
Always purchase from genuine sites and, if possible, purchase from the original site of the product. There are many cases of fake product delivery where the buyers have to suffer.
Many companies like Philips are taking initiatives like printing a code on the product to scan for its originality. Don’t choose cost over quality.
Read Customer Reviews
Do proper research and read customer reviews from sites like Amazon. Look for the features and specifications of the product. They give you a rough idea of the product’s performance.
Warranty And Shelf Life
Ask the manufacturer for a warranty in case they have not provided it on the box. Generally, HIDs have a life of 5,000 hours or more. Shelf life should not be more than one year.
Frequently Asked Questions: Acura TL HIDs
What Is Better, HID Or LED Lights?
HID vs. LED is a much debated topic. Let us talk about both pros and cons of the LEDs and HIDs:
HIDs are much popular in the market due to their efficiency and effectiveness. They cover a much wider area than LEDs and Halogens. However, their inadequate installation can result in light distortion, which can be dangerous.
Thus, you must ask a professional to install HIDs. However, most people go for LEDs because of their durability, which is much more than HIDs. The average durability of LEDs is 20,000 hours, while that of HID is lower.
The HIDs come in a myriad of colors. They come in 7 colors, while the LEDs offer much fewer options of only four lights.
Investing in LEDs is quite an excellent long-term investment. They are energy efficient, but the HIDs are more energy-efficient than LEDs and Halogens.
If you are thinking of upgrading your headlights, going for HIDs would be a little more preferable in the short term because of their brightness and less glare feature.
Are HIDs Illegal?
You can be pulled over for cheap HID lighting in some states due to their improper lighting. Make sure that the lighting that you are using meets the traffic standards. Your headlight must be correctly E-marked. There are two ways to make your Xenon bulb legal.
Replace the whole unit with the new HID conversion kit. Get your headlight unit assessed for the E mark, and then you are good to go!
How Much Does It Cost To Get HID Headlights Installed?
The installation cost of HID is much less than LEDs. It depends on the type of bulb you are purchasing. Mercury vapor lights are costlier than HPS lights. An HID bulb can cost around $100 or more.
What Is Better, HID Or Xenon?
Comparing the two, HIDs produce a much greater amount of light. The Xenon ones, on the contrary, do not give good results and also require high voltage to start. As the noble gas Xenon requires high voltage to get illuminated, they don’t show the best results on low voltage electricity.
I hope you were able to select the best HID for your Acura TL from my list! I tried out most of these products, and I can vouch for their brightness and ease of use. If I were to pick out a favorite, it would be the Philips D2S, followed by the Xentec 9005.
Of course, being a student, those aren’t the ones I bought! I went with the value for money option from ICBEAMER instead, but the bulbs have been doing good so far, so I would recommend them too.
More readings about HID Headlights:
- Zenex HID: Are These the Best Hid Bulbs in 2022?
- The 3 Best Xentec Hid Kits for Your Car
- How Do You Choose The Best HID and LED Headlights?