Nothing just worse than driving down the road late night and not be able to see the road in front of you. You will always see the difference when you have changed just the bulbs of your headlights. With the passing time, headlights become dull as it covered by dust, fog and more. Yellow, cloudy headlights and dull but not the brighter light is truly the reason for many accidents that occur at night. It makes your way “not properly visible.” All the cars that have manufactured in the past 15 years have a plastic headlight, and these lights start to cloud up and corrode due to heavy exposure to the environment and sun. But not only the Not have only the old cars, but even 2 or 3 years old cars had the same issue. Using the Yellow, cloudy headlights make it not unsightly but unsafe also.
You can make your headlights brighter to drive safely at night:
There are three methods:
- Clean and restore your headlights to increase the brightness of your car. In order to increase the brightness of your headlights, it needs to clean up properly and ideally clayed to remove all the bonded and lose surface contaminants. To polish the lenses, you can use a plastic polishing product to clean the lenses and then polish it. You need to make sure that all surrounding trim and paintwork is sufficiently protected to prevent the plastic polish from contaminating it. You can apply the product by your hand or can use it with a machine. Machine cleaning can assure more faster and quality cleaning to increase the brightness of your headlights.
- If you are unable to use the plastic polish, you can use the paintwork polish otherwise. You should start the process with the least abrasive product. Only work with more aggressive one if necessary.
- Some headlights may contain some stone chips, and that can be very heavily faded. They need to be wet sanded prior to your polishing. You can use the good quality fine grades of paper and then use plenty of water for the purpose. Even you can use a detailing spray as a lubricant. You need to thoroughly clean the grades.
- To get more brightness, you can go for the restoration process. This is actually a plastic repair process that removes the surface damage while restoring the clarity of the lenses. Restoration kits are available online or at the open market. Even severe cases of hazing, yellowing, and scratches can be fixed in less than 30 minutes. Apply also UV sealant on the headlights to get a much brighter light.
- Final and last option is replacing your headlight. If you are using the old, oxidized headlights, you need to change it soon to get the brighter and powerful light. If you are using the old halogen headlights, replace it with brighter LED lights.